Advisor, Human Resources
• Works to build constructive and effective relationships with all staff across the organization. Responds to staff needs in a timely and accurate manner. Provides quality service and support and is regarded as a credible source of HR expertise by managers and employees.
• Educates and coaches managers to consistently ensure that HR best practices and policies are implemented.
• Considers the organization’s vision, mission and values in making decisions and taking actions. Bases decisions on achieving desired outcomes pursuant to the departmental strategic plan or management direction.
• Development of support tools to meet staffing needs, ensure that managers conduct regular and effective performance reviews, supports staff goals, and professional development.
• Manage the organization’s training needs, source and recommend external training, and maintain training records and expenses.
• Support the implementation of compensation policies that are fair and consistent.
• Enroll staff in group benefits plan and RRSPs according to eligibility and status, provide updated information to plan administrators. Manage Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Return to Work programs.
• Ensure organizational health & safety practices are in accordance to relevant provincial legislation.
• Maintenance of staff information and changes into HRIS for accurate records maintenance.
• Research, develop and implement policies and procedures to support HR objectives, and organizational needs. Ensure policies and procedures are accessible to all employees, disseminate and interpret wording and legislation for staff inquiries.
• Work with the Global Human Resources Strategy Team to ensure alignment with network processes and to implement HR practices that are consistent and streamlined across the network to address pressing talent and workforce needs
Key Qualifications, Skills, and Abilities:
• 3 to 5 years of Generalist Human Resource experience with exposure to the key areas of Human Resource, particularly: Recruitment, Employee Relations, and Professional Development
•Post-secondary education in Industrial Relations, Human Resources Management, or equivalent
•CHRP designation required
•Knowledge of HR policies, practices and relevant legislation
• Understanding of HR’s role in supporting strategic initiatives and delivering on the organization’s mission and values
•Ability to maintain confidentiality and act as a professional and diplomatic resource
•Proven ability to develop effective, positive relationships and gain creditibility across the organization through a customer oriented and collaborative approach
This is a full-time position based in Toronto.
How to Apply:
Excited about this opportunity? Do you think you are the ideal candidate for this position? Please briefly tell us why in your cover letter. A resume and cover letter referencing position AHR121 and salary expectations should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 31, 2012.
No phone calls please.