WWF, the global conservation organization, is actively working in more than 100 countries worldwide, and is a global leader in conservation. WWF-Canada has a history of tremendous accomplishment, and is now working on large-scale conservation efforts on climate change, Canada's Grand Banks, the Pacific Coast, the Mackenzie Valley in the north, and is the only international environmental organization operating in Cuba. This is an incredibly exciting period at WWF-Canada.
The Volunteer Resources Coordinator will provide support for the organization in a wide range of functions, including the following:
- Lead the recruitment process for volunteers, including job postings, interviews, applicant database management;
- Develop and conduct orientation programs; assess and assign volunteers to appropriate volunteer placements;
- Work with staff to develop customized volunteer position descriptions in line with volunteer policies and procedures;
- Collaborate with staff to engage, supervise and evaluate volunteers in multiple position types;
- Serve as key event staff during event season (able to recruit and manage over 400 volunteers);
- Provide volunteer metrics on a regular basis to the organization outlining key achievements;
- Develop and implement national recognition and retention strategy.
- Post-secondary education with a focus on volunteer management, HR or similar field.
- At least 4 years of experience in overseeing and building a volunteer program for a non-profit organization.
- Demonstrated experience recruiting, screening, placing and assessing volunteers in skill-based volunteer roles.
- Familiarity working remotely with staff in regional offices across the country.
- Ability to work in fast-paced scenarios with time sensitive deadline and competing priorities.
- Experience managing volunteers for large-scale events.
- Ability to track and report on metrics in a clear and timely manner.
- Excellent computer skills, including MS Excel, Powerpoint and Raiser’s Edge.
Other Skills & Abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills in order to build effective working relationships and collaborate with volunteers and staff; a demonstrated ability to build teams, motivate and support others.
- Effective communication skills to interact with diverse groups of volunteers, staff, and community partners.
- Ability to analyze issues, identify opportunities to integrate services, anticipate potential problems, demonstrates flexibility and solution-oriented thinking.
- Proactive and results driven.
- Energetic, with the ability to work under pressure with grace.
- A passion for conservation.
This is a full-time permanent position based in our Toronto office (Eglinton & Mt Pleasant). WWF-Canada has a competitive vacation and employee benefits plan and offers a flexible and diverse workplace.
We are targeting a February 25 start date as we head into our annual CN Tower Climb fundraising campaign.
How to Apply:
A resume and cover letter referencing the position, salary expectations, and available start date, should be submitted by Friday, February 15, 2013.
Please quote the job number and title “VC235 (Volunteer Resources Coordinator)” in the subject line.
No phone calls please. We thank all applicants for their interest however we may contact only those candidates selected for interviews.
WWF-Canada is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity in the workplace and encourage applications from all qualified candidates including women, members of visible minorities, persons with disabilities, and aboriginal peoples.