Coordinator, Digital Content and Community
The Marketing and Communications team at WWF-Canada is group of individuals working in a dynamic, rewarding and fast-paced environment responsible for delivering programs that meet three strategic objectives:
- Build the WWF’s brand to become the most recognized and respected conservation organization in Canada.
- Drive fundraising programs to enable a wide variety of conservation programs to be implemented in Canada.
- Engage Canadians in taking action to support WWF’s conservation priorities including improve their environmental footprint.
The Coordinator, Digital Content and Community will our support marketing and communications initiatives (particularly the digital team) in day-to-day social media interactions and the creation of digital content to share with our audiences. This position will provide administrative support to the Manager, Digital Marketing and may be required to work flexible hours, depending on the demands of the department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Day-to-day Community Management (40%)
- Monitor, respond to and engage online conversation in our online communities.
- Perform day-to-day logistics for our social media sites and monitor/report on successes and trends.
- Schedule updates for the blog, Twitter and Facebook for weekends.
- Develop relationships with online thought-leaders, decision-makers bloggers, supporters, customers, sponsors.
- Find new and creative ways to promote the blog .
Digital Content Creation (35%)
- Research and write content for our social media sites, wwf.ca, and some of our emails and newsletters.
- Use Search Engine Optimization techniques to create content.
- Help develop and produce interactive media such as video for use on our social media sites.
Social Media Initiative (20%)
- Help the Manager, Digital and the Head of Digital implement their strategic vision.
- Propose creative ideas and solutions to ensure we are constantly innovating in the social space.
- Create a framework for social media analytics.
Administrative Support (5%)
- Assist with contracts and invoices.
- Share in internal training on social media and blogging.
- Create and maintain daily/weekly reports on content and maintain supporting documents: such as production schedules, posting process documents, sign off sheets, online style guides, freelancer contact info for roster, online editorial calendar, etc.
- Post secondary education in marketing, communications, public relations, journalism or equivalent.
- 3 to 5 years experience in all aspects of web, from current social media applications to content management systems.
- At least two years experience writing for the web.
- At least two years experience managing social communities, including producing, writing, and moderating.
- Strong written communication skills including conversational writing.
- Relationship-building, collaboration and customer service skills with internal and external stakeholders.
- High-level of initiative, problem solving skills and independent thinking.
- Excellent planning and multi-tasking skills.
- Fluency in French would be considered a strong asset.
Term: This is a full time permanent position, based in our Toronto office.
How to Apply:
A resume and cover letter referencing the position “Coordinator, Digital Content and Community - DCC234” and salary expectations should be directed to Human Resources at CAfirstname.lastname@example.org by July 26, 2013.
WWF-Canada is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity in the workplace and encourage applications from all qualified candidates including women, members of visible minorities, persons with disabilities, and aboriginal peoples.
Given the volume of applications received, we request that you do not follow up your application with a phone call. We will contact only those candidates selected for interviews and thank all applicants for their interest in WWF-Canada.