Leader, Arctic Initiative
- Engagement and commitment of all relevant Network partner organisations in the Arctic Network Initiative;
- The successful further development and effective implementation of the Arctic Network Initiative in collaboration with the WWF Network; and
- Providing effective leadership and management of the Arctic Network Initiative Core Team.
- Programme development and implementation: development and implementation of all programmatic, operational, financial and legal aspects of the Arctic Network Initiative;
- Network mobilisation / coordination: mobilises and engages the WWF Network in support of the Arctic Network Initiative;
- External relationship-building and policy work: develops and strengthens relationships and strategic partnerships with key external stakeholders;
- Fundraising: identifies internal and external fundraising opportunities in support of the Arctic Network Initiative and facilitates Network engagement with donors;
- Financial planning / management: develops, manages, and oversees an Arctic Network Initiative business plan;
- Monitoring, evaluation, and reporting on the progress of the strategic plan;
- Communications / outreach;
- Governance support and other duties as required.
- A higher university degree, preferably in conservation or natural resources management;
- Proven experience in developing and leading the implementation of large, multi-disciplinary programmes; and
- Extensive international working experience, including in the coordination of teams with diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Excellent communication skills and team-working abilities;
- A proven track record of leading and working successfully in network organisations and with dispersed teams;
- Proven experience in policy / advocacy work;
- Experience in analysing complicated and sensitive environmental issues, and in identifying and evaluating possible policy responses to those issues, taking into account ecological, economic, technical, legal, political, and social considerations;
- Demonstrated abilities to effectively manage and supervise people and projects, and to plan, schedule, and budget large, complicated projects;
- Experience in raising and mobilising funding;
- Fluency in oral and written English (proficiency in other languages is an advantage);
- A minimum of 10 years progressive senior professional work experience
275 Slater Street, Suite 810
Working Hours: 37.5 Hours per week
Benefits: Dental Benefits, Disability Benefits, Group Insurance Benefits, Life Insurance Benefits, Medical Benefits, Mileage Paid, RRSP Benefits, Vision Care Benefits
How to Apply:
A resume and cover letter referencing “Leader, Arctic Initiative – LA234” and your salary expectations should be directed to Human Resources at CAemail@example.com by April 30, 2014. Please reference the above position in the subject line as well.
If you have any questions, please contact us at:
245 Eglinton Ave. East
WWF-Canada is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity in the workplace and encourage applications from all qualified candidates including women, members of visible minorities, persons with disabilities, and aboriginal peoples.