Marketing and Communications Coordinator
WWF-Canada seeks a highly-organized and self-motivated Coordinator for the Marketing and Communications (MarCom) team. The Coordinator will play a key role in providing support to the national MarCom team across a variety of core projects and functions. An energized individual who thrives in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment, you are looking for an opportunity to learn and contribute to WWF-Canada’s conservation and fundraising targets.
The Marketing and Communications (MarCom) team develops and implements effective marketing and communications activities that deliver agreed upon annual targets, showcases the uniqueness and relevance of the WWF brand, builds and protects the brand’s reputation, and promotes WWF’s conservation goals and ongoing achievements to an external and internal audience. As a contributor to the overall donor-centric strategy to maximize income for, and raise the profile of WWF Canada, the department is responsible for developing and implementing cost-effective integrated campaigns and other communications to key audiences to either mobilize people to action or to inspire support both financial and non-financial for WWF.
- Assisting in department fiscal forecast and budgeting; quarterly departmental reports, project/campaign budget management and monitoring, expense and revenue tracking.
- Serve as a point of contact for departmental finance inquiries.
- Support production of annual report, magazine and other projects as required by managing internal reviews, writing, proofreading and working with production team and suppliers.
- Provide coordination support for media and WWF events, campaigns and meetings as required.
- Provide coordination support for internal editorial team, collecting and compiling information across the organization.
- Provides coordination support for team as appropriate under direction of Director.
- Lead media monitoring and flag issues for discussion.
- Provide support to WWF events.
- Manage the Global Photo Network and photography contracts.
Key qualifications and experience:
- 2-4 years of experience in project management, in combination with direct marketing and/or communications experience.
- Post-secondary degree in Marketing, Communications, or related field.
- Proven ability to set priorities, complete work with minimal supervision and meet deadlines.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholder.
- Knowledge of, or education in, environmental/sustainability issues an asset.
- Experience with budget management, including tracking and processing of all monthly expense invoices, reporting, monthly budget reconciliation and accruals.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in full MS Office Suite of software products – possibly also Prophix accounting software.
- Bilingual English/French is an asset.
- Be passionately committed to the mission and objectives of WWF-Canada and to its success in accomplishing these.
This is a permanent, full-time position, based in our Toronto office.
How to apply:
If you are interested in applying for this exciting opportunity, you may submit your application:
Attn: Human Resources Department
245 Eglinton Ave. Suite 410
The deadline for applications is Friday, August 8, 2014.
WWF-Canada is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity in the workplace and encourage applications from all qualified candidates including women, members of visible minorities, persons with disabilities, and aboriginal peoples.
WWF-Canada is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources Representative in a timely fashion of any accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Given the volume of applications received, we request that you do not follow up your application with a phone call. We will contact only those candidates selected for interviews and thank all applicants for their interest in WWF-Canada.