Coordinator, Third Party Events
WWF, the global conservation organization, is one of the World’s largest and most respected independent conservation organizations. WWF has a global network active in over 100 countries with almost 5 million supporters.
WWF's mission is to stop the degradation of the earth's natural environment and to build a future in which humans live in harmony with nature, by conserving the world's biological diversity, ensuring that the use of renewable natural resources is sustainable, and promoting the reduction of pollution and wasteful consumption.WWF-Canada’s 5 Year Plan is targeted at demonstrating it’s possible to have healthy ecosystems and habitats at the same time as healthy communities and economy for long-lasting conservation results.
The Coordinator, Third Party Events, will play an instrumental role in supporting the community giving department’s existing and new third party fundraising initiatives, including WWF Canada’s new national program, Kids’ Run for Nature. Kids Run for Nature is a fast-growing, new fun-run and fundraising event designed to engage Canadian youth and their families in taking action for wildlife. This role serves as project lead and is responsible for implementation of Kids Run for Nature. Additionally, this role will also support other peer-to-peer fundraising campaigns as required.
This role requires excellent relationship management skills, event logistics, marketing and communication skills, attention to detail and a passion for environmental causes.
Relationship Management: Kids’ Run for Nature
- Lead planning efforts for events, including site selection and relationship management with key stakeholders in the community and sponsors
- Recruit, support, steward and inspire community team leaders who are hosting Kids’ Run for Nature events
Event Logistics and Planning – Kids’ Run for Nature
- Securing park permits as required, provide guidelines to community leads; ensure permit guidelines are being followed
- Ensure all logistical requirements are in place prior to event date
- Recruit volunteers to support each site location
- Provide budget oversight and expense management to ensure tight controls are in place for the event
- Provide support and guidelines to community leads for managing volunteers prior to and on the day of event
- Develop systems/process to best support community leads and volunteers across the country
Promotion and Fundraising—Kids’ Run for Nature and third party events
- Work with various departments across WWF-Canada to develop promotional material, sponsorship packages, participant recruitment, day of collateral support (wayfinder signage, course signage etc.,), media relations and other assets as required
- Provide fundraising support to participants as needed
- Work with vendors to supply materials on time and within budget
- Support the administrative processes of various third party programs including database updates, mailings, phone calls, etc.
- Provide back end support for online fundraising platform
Support for other WWF peer-to-peer and direct fundraising programs
- Work with multiple teams across the organization to deliver recruitment, fundraising and engagement strategies for peer to peer fundraising events.
- Provide stewardship fulfilment for third party fundraising events and fundraisers
What We Are Looking For:
- University Degree or College Diploma in sports marketing, or event management and 1-3 years of relevant experience
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment
- Basic understanding of cross channel marketing and how to use multiple channels to communicate with an audience
- Entrepreneurial mind-set, ability to work independently
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Positive attitude and able to work well with staff, volunteers, and external stakeholders is critical
- Motivated self-starter who is able to work independently
- Highly organized and detail focused
- Ability to represent WWF-Canada in a professional manner
- Proficient using Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Adobe Photoshop skills considered an asset
- Experience using Raisers Edge and/or Team Raiser an asset
- Available to work evenings and weekends as needed
- A valid Ontario driver’s license to support the ability to transport supplies and travel to various community events.
- Experience managing volunteers an asset
- Understanding of conservation issues in Canada considered an asset
How to apply:
If you are interested in applying for this exciting opportunity, you may do so online or via direct mail.
Click here to apply online or send us your application via direct mail to:
Attention: Human Resources Department
410 Adelaide Street West
Toronto, ON M5V 1S8
If you are submitting your application via direct mail, please be sure to include your responses to the following questions:
- Apart from its mission, what do you feel makes WWF-Canada an employer of choice?
- Are you legally eligible to work in Canada?
- This role is based out of our Toronto office. Is there anything that would prevent you from being able to work out of our Toronto office?
- What are your salary expectations?
- How flexible are your salary expectations?
- When are you available to start?
- Where did you see this job posting?
Deadline to Apply: Please ensure that your application is receiving on or before September 29, 2017 at 5:00pm EST.
Commitment to Diversity and Accessibility:
WWF-Canada is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity in the workplace and encourage applications from all qualified candidates including women, members of visible minorities, persons with disabilities, and aboriginal peoples.
WWF-Canada is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources Representative in a timely fashion of any accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants for their interest in joining WWF-Canada. Given the volume of applications received, we request that you do not follow up your application with a phone call. We will contact only those candidates selected for interviews and thank you for your understanding.