Senior Specialist, Marketing and Partnerships
Position DescriptionThe Senior Specialist, Marketing & Partnerships reports to the Director, Community Giving & Marketing and is responsible for the strategy and execution of multi-channel marketing and communications programs in support of the fundraising function at WWF-Canada. The primary focus of this role will be to support our Corporate Partnerships team (works collaboratively with corporate partners on corporate engagement that responds to business sustainability and the rise of purpose-driven brands) and its subset program, Living Planet at Work (provides support to our corporate partners to empower and engage employees so they can drive sustainable practices at work). In addition, this role will also support the Major Gifts team (cultivates, solicits, and stewards a national group of prospects and donors for gifts of $10,000+) and lead other organizational initiatives for the development team (such as our annual supporter recognition event, etc.).
This role will work closely with the communications, fundraising and conservation teams to develop and deliver project briefs fulfilling contractual partner benefits and shares the accountability to ensure brand consistency and alignment with WWF-Canada’s conservation goals.
The Senior Specialist, Marketing & Partnerships works closely with multiple internal and external stakeholders to ensure delivery of key activities that support our corporate and major donor partnerships and which build the WWF brand and supporter base.
- Work primarily with Corporate Partnerships team to develop clear and comprehensive marketing and communications project briefs for all corporate partners per their partnership agreements with WWF.
- Understanding of marketing strategy for sponsorship and brand marketing across multiple channels including digital, public relations, experiential marketing and events.
- Contribute to team approach to corporate partner relationship management by leading marketing and communications strategy and activation: specifically, working with the marketing, branding and communications teams (including agencies) of our corporate partners.
- Maintain project management oversight on all marketing, communications and other stewardship obligations for corporate partnerships and other major funders as assigned.
- Steward material through internal review processes to ensure brand standards, sustainability requirements and conservation goals are met. Ensures adherence to WWF’s guidelines.
- Support the Major Gifts team in the creation of high touch, customized marketing materials and/or experiences for this important donor base.
- Work with Specialist, Donor Communications to provide metrics and content on marketing activities for stewardship reports.
- Contribute to activation portion of Major Gifts and Corporate Partner proposals.
- Collaborate with other WWF areas of expertise including Conservation, Communications, event management, volunteer and employee engagement, etc. to maximize partner and WWF marketing and communication opportunities to achieve stated goals.
- Responsible for managing Major Gifts and Corporate Partnerships website content as it relates to donor programs.
- Manage projects on time and on budget.
- Some evening/weekend event work required, including participation in CN Tower climb event (April).
- Minimum of 7 years multi-channel marketing experience, including strategy development and execution of complex projects in corporate, agency and/or not-for-profit contexts. Some cause marketing experience bringing not for profit and corporate brands together around a social purpose is essential.
- Minimum of 3 years project management experience.
- Ability to develop strong, clear and well-written marketing and communications strategies and project briefs.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills; an effective and respectful communicator who can achieve the desired results by encouraging and supporting the contributions of others.
- Understanding of sales/fundraising, sponsorship marketing, corporate social responsibility, cause marketing and employee engagement fundamentals, including experience with multi-platform and multi-stakeholder marketing campaigns. Specifically, experience building brands through a range of sponsorship properties, public relations, digital marketing, social media, event management, advertising and marketing collateral disciplines is required.
- Experience managing external partners, and comfortable engaging with donors and volunteers directly.
- Understanding of current best practices in corporate social responsibility, philanthropy and employee engagement, as well as partnership management.
- Demonstrated ability to manage through impact and influence and to coach others by creating conditions for their success. A minimum of 5 years of people management experience required.
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills in written, visual/graphic, and verbal form to drive successful marketing strategies and brand marketing. Technical competencies required.
- Working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge is helpful.
- Passion for the cause: an understanding of, and interest in, WWF Canada’s conservation work.
- Fluency in French, and an understanding of the Quebec marketplace is desirable
How to ApplyIf you are interested in applying for this opportunity, you may choose to do so online or via direct mail. Please be sure to include a cover letter and resume.
To apply online, click HERE
To apply via direct mail, please send your cover letter, resume, and your answers to the questions to the following questions:
- Apart from its mission, what do you feel makes WWF-Canada an employer of choice?
- Are you legally eligible to work in Canada?
- What are your salary expectations & how flexible are they?
- Are you fully bilingual in English and French?
- When would you be available to start?
- Where did you see this posting?
Direct mail applications can be sent to:
Attn: Human Resources Department
410 Adelaide Street West
Please ensure that your application is received on or before March 6, 5pm EST.
DEADLINE TO APPLY
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY AND ACCESSIBILITYWWF-Canada is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity in the workplace and encourage applications from all qualified candidates including women, members of visible minorities, persons with disabilities, and aboriginal peoples.
WWF-Canada is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources Representative in a timely fashion of any accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants for their interest in joining WWF-Canada. Given the volume of applications received, we request that you do not follow up your application with a phone call. We will contact only those candidates selected for interviews and thank you for your understanding.