Senior Specialist, Major Gifts (Maternity Leave Contract)
Position DescriptionThis individual will have a passion for winning, distaste for the status quo and wants to make a positive contribution to this planet for future generations. The ideal candidate will be a dynamic, well-rounded individual, with proven fundraising and/or business development experience, relationship management, strategic thinking and project management experience. This individual will be able to combine traditional fundraising principles and approaches with innovative, out-of-the-box thinking, and a ‘get out the door’ sales attitude, translating our work into a compelling and inspiring story for donors. They will have an understanding of the charitable sector and a passion for the environment. An energized, team-player, this individual will thrive in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
- Manage a portfolio of at least 150 prospects/donors capable of making gifts of $10,000 and above from a prospect base of individuals, corporations, foundations and institutional funders.
- Arrange and conduct face-to-face meetings with donors and prospects making full and effective use of the expertise and experience of our senior staff and Volunteers.
- Identify new prospects and develop successful cultivation and solicitation strategies.
- Develop and implement strategies to increase existing donor giving levels and commitments.
- Maintain up-to-date and accurate call reports and donor information in our database.
- Provide on-going, effective donor engagement through personalized reporting, donor meetings and the creation of innovative stewardship strategies as required.
- Identify planned giving prospects and where ever possible work with eligible donors to secure planned gifts.
- Work with senior Volunteers as required to manage prospect identification, solicitations and stewardship activities.
- 5+ years Major Gift fundraising and/or business development experience, with a proven track record of closing major gifts and/or securing business at the $10,000+ level.
- University degree or diploma.
- CFRE preferred.
- Proven project management skills with planning and follow-up experience.
- Experience working effectively with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Proven ability to set priorities, complete work with minimal supervision and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of and/or education in environmental/sustainability issues is an asset.
- Ability to converse in French is an asset.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge or related fundraising database system.
- Proven ability to secure, grow and sustain meaningful and lasting relationships.
- Articulate, confident and with an ability to communicate effectively with all levels of internal and external contacts.
- A hands-on team player who is able to work independently of stakeholders, interpreting complex programs and ideas to a varied audience.
- Ability to balance competing priorities, complex situations and tight deadlines while driving to surpass goals.
- Strong focus on accountability.
This role is a 1-year fulltime contract replacing a maternity leave and will be based out of our Toronto office located at 410 Adelaide Street West. This position may require some national travel.
How to ApplyIf you are interested in applying for this opportunity, you may choose to do so online or via direct mail. Please be sure to include a cover letter and resume.
Click here to apply online.
To apply via direct mail, please send your cover letter, resume, and your answers to the questions to the following questions:
- Apart from its mission, what do you feel makes WWF-Canada an employer of choice?
- Are you legally eligible to work in Canada?
- What are your salary expectations & how flexible are they?
- When would you be available to start?
- Where did you see this posting?
- Although being fully bilingual in English and French is not a requirement for this role, it is considered a strong asset. Are you fully bilingual?
- This is a 1-year contract position replacing a maternity leave. Please acknowledge your understanding of this.
Attn: Human Resources Department
410 Adelaide Street West
Deadline to ApplyPlease ensure that your application is received on or before March 30, 2018.
Commitment to Diversity and Accessibility
WWF-Canada is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity in the workplace and encourage applications from all qualified candidates including women, members of visible minorities, persons with disabilities, and aboriginal peoples.
WWF-Canada is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources Representative in a timely fashion of any accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants for their interest in joining WWF-Canada. Given the volume of applications received, we request that you do not follow up your application with a phone call. We will contact only those candidates selected for interviews and thank you for your understanding.