Associate Specialist, Donor Engagement
Position DescriptionThe Associate Specialist, Donor Engagement is responsible for annually implementing and managing WWF-Canada’s program for soliciting and stewarding gifts in the mid-level donor audience ($1,000 - $9,999) and being the point of contact for a national senior volunteer program “Friends of WWF” managed by the Major Gifts team.
This position works under the direction of the Director, Major Gifts and in close collaboration with the Senior Manager, Direct Marketing to assure that ample funds are generated to enhance and support the overall mission of WWF. Annual sales targets for this role will be agreed upon by the incumbent and their manager and expressed in the employee’s annual goals document in terms of revenue, portfolio size and activity.
Mid-Level Donor Engagement
- Work in close partnership with the Community Giving/Marketing (CGM) and Major Gifts teams to create and implement a mid-level donor strategy – including, but not exclusive, to developing and marketing the mid-level donor program and its giving societies to donors and potential donors.
- Manage a portfolio of mid-level donors through multiple fundraising channels - face-to-face, direct mail, email, social media, and other.
- Execute high touch donor interactions, correspondence, and stewardship specific to the mid-level donor audience with the goal to acquire, renew, reactivate, and upgrade donors at the $1,000+ giving level and to improve donor engagement over time.
- Work with CGM to develop a strategy which ensures the growth and maintenance of a healthy pipeline of donors in the gift range of $500 - $999.
- Ensure that all donors and donor interactions are tracked accurately in Raiser’s Edge and that individual gifts are acknowledged in a timely and appropriate manner.
Relationship Management (Friends of WWF-Canada)
- Develop in collaboration with the Director of Major Gifts a National Friends of WWF-Canada Program.
- Logistical support for the successful execution of Friends of WWF-Canada activities.
- Provide administrative support for the National Friends of WWF Program, including but not exclusive to, scheduling meetings, taking minutes for the Friends of WWF-Canada Committee, and responding to volunteer requests.
- Support the Director, Major Gifts in ensuring volunteers engaged in the Friends of WWF-Canada activities are provided with effective support materials and other tools to optimize their success including, proposals, briefing notes, call reports, letters, and other documents/materials.
- Track activity against targets ensuring financial goals are met or exceeded.
- Support the Director, Major Gifts in maintaining up-to-date and accurate call reports and donor information in Raiser’s Edge.
- Assist with other duties assigned by the Director, Major Gifts.
What We Are Looking For
- A post-secondary degree plus a minimum of 3+ years of fundraising experience.
- Proven direct marketing, relationship management and project management skills with planning and follow-up experience.
- Experience working effectively with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders. Enjoys engaging with senior volunteers.
- Proven ability to set priorities, complete work with minimal supervision and meet deadlines, while driving to surpass goals.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge or related fundraising database system.
- Proven ability to secure, grow and sustain meaningful and lasting relationships.
- Professionalism, judgment and discretion in dealing with confidential and sensitive matters is essential.
- A flexible team player able to collaborate and support colleagues.
- Willingness to learn and to take on additional responsibilities as appropriate.
- Passion for nature and understanding of environmental issues is a must.
- Ability to converse in French is an asset.
- Willingness and ability to travel when needed.
This role will be based out of our Toronto office located at 410 Adelaide Street West and will require evening and weekend work as needed.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, you may choose to do so online or via direct mail. Please be sure to include a cover letter and resume.
Click here to apply online.
To apply via direct mail, please send your cover letter, resume, and your answers to the questions to the following questions:
- Apart from its mission, what do you feel makes WWF-Canada an employer of choice?
- Are you legally eligible to work in Canada?
- What are your salary expectations & how flexible are they?
- When would you be available to start?
- Where did you see this posting?
- Although being fully bilingual in English and French is not a requirement for this role, it is considered a strong asset. Are you fully bilingual?
Attn: Human Resources Department
410 Adelaide Street West
Deadline to Apply
Please ensure that your application is received on or before March 23, 2018.
Commitment to Diversity and Accessibility
WWF-Canada is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity in the workplace and encourage applications from all qualified candidates including women, members of visible minorities, persons with disabilities, and aboriginal peoples.
WWF-Canada is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources Representative in a timely fashion of any accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants for their interest in joining WWF-Canada. Given the volume of applications received, we request that you do not follow up your application with a phone call. We will contact only those candidates selected for interviews and thank you for your understanding.