Specialist, French Translation & Social Medias
About WWFWWF, the global conservation organization, is one of the World’s largest and most respected independent conservation organizations. WWF has a global network active in over 100 countries with almost 5 million supporters.
WWF-Canada connects the power of a strong global network to on-the-ground conservation efforts across the nation with a mission to reverse the decline of wildlife by working toward:
- All freshwater ecosystems and the wildlife that depend on them in good condition.
- Healthy marine ecosystems on all three coasts.
- A vibrant and ecologically sound future for the Arctic.
- Resilient communities across the country that enhance nature.
Position DescriptionWWF-Canada’s Quebec program oversees the organization’s conservation work in the region including the St. Lawrence River and serves as the French language hub for all WWF-Canada communications. The position will assist with translation of selected conservation documents and WWF-Canada communications from English into French and will assume conservation project work as assigned by the Director, Quebec.
- Translation Duties – English to French
- Translate, adapt and review WWF-Canada document (blogs, press release, reports, branding, fundraising and development, community giving, websites and any other documents)
- Engage and coordinate occasional external translators, as needed.
- Develop French WWF-Canada wording for national initiatives and campaigns.
- Serve as the official translator for WWF-Canada.
- Contribute to increasing WWF-Canada’s presence in Quebec through social media.
- Create original content for Quebec program projects and events.
- Connect with communications and digital team to update on translation, monitor and plan the future ones.
- French Language Communications Support
- Contribute to increasing WWF-Canada’s presence in Quebec and into the French Canadians speakers through social media including adapting WWF-Canada campaigns and other messages to Twitter and Facebook.
- Create social media messages to enhance potential WWF-Canada French language supporters.
- Keep online communities informed and interested in WWF-Canada’s initiatives and campaigns.
- Monitor French-language media and identify opportunities for engagement and action.
- Identify opportunities for new online communities.
- Identify and secure rights to compelling images to support social media communications.
- Post blogs and other communications using WordPress on the internal site.
- Monitor changes on the WWF-Canada English website and propose similar changes on the French site.
- Monitor the French site regularly to ensure website functionality.
- Liaise with our Digital, communications and Fundraising teams to add reports and documents on the appropriate pages.
What We Are Looking For
- Bilingual – French and English.
- University degree in communication, translation, conservation or environment
- 5 to 7 years of relevant experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication in French
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing in English
- Experience in translation management and in translations
- Experience in using, planning and analyzing social media and networks
- Experience in planning and coordinating translation projects with deadlines
- Ability to work with short deadlines
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Excellent time managements skills
- Ability to take initiative to ensure results
- Excellent organization skills
- Superior attention to detail
- Proficient use and knowledge in software (Wordpress, Office software, social media…)
- Be able to demonstrate skills that contribute to maintaining an organizational culture that attracts, keeps and motivates top quality staff.
Other InformationThis is a six-month contract position based out of Montreal
How to ApplyIf you are interested in applying for this opportunity, you may choose to do so ONLINE HERE or via direct mail. Please be sure to include a cover letter and resume. To apply via direct mail, please send your cover letter, resume, and your answers to the questions to the following questions:
- Apart from its mission, what do you feel makes WWF-Canada an employer of choice?
- Are you legally eligible to work in Canada?
- Are you fully bilingual in English and French?
- This is a six-month contract position. Please indicate your understanding of this.
- What are your salary expectations & how flexible are they?
- When would you be available to start?
- Where did you see this posting?
Commitment to Diversity and AccessibilityWWF-Canada is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity in the workplace and encourage applications from all qualified candidates including women, members of visible minorities, persons with disabilities, and aboriginal peoples. WWF-Canada is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources Representative in a timely fashion of any accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants for their interest in joining WWF-Canada. Given the volume of applications received, we request that you do not follow up your application with a phone call. We will contact only those candidates selected for interviews, and thank you for your understanding.