Associate Specialist, Freshwater
Pour consulter cette offre d’emploi en français, veuillez cliquer ICI
The Specialist, Freshwater is a highly motivated and proactive individual able to manage projects. The role requires working with other Freshwater team members on key projects such as Watershed Reports, and WWF-Restoration Fund. This role requires experience and competence in applying professional and technical expertise as well as full knowledge of the freshwater industry as well as the environmental field more generally.
• Management and formatting of large datasets (both spatial and non-spatial) in specified formats to make the data machine-readable
• Creation of technical reports and map products to convey assessment results
• Familiarity with GitHub and LaTex an asset
• Support major freshwater initiatives including project design, management and oversight of implementation, as needed.
• Foster collaboration among members of the Freshwater team, other departments and external stakeholders
• Conducts outreach to potential partner and collaborator stakeholders
• May be responsible for event planning and logistics as necessary
What We Are Looking For
• University degree plus 3 to 6 years professional experience.
• Experience with Indigenous partnerships.
• Excellent skills in data management and using data management software (including using Excel, Access, ArcGIS and R to manage and format large datasets).
• Ability to use ArcGIS and/or other similar ESRI products.
• Knowledge of statistics and ability to use R statistical software.
• Track record achieving results-based measurable outcomes.
• Ability to build respect and trust in all communities and successful partnerships.
• Strong problem-solving, creative interpersonal and strategic thinking capabilities coupled with an outcome, delivery-oriented approach.
• Exceptional written and verbal communications skills.
• Excellent ability to multi-task and manage multiple competing priorities.
• Bilingual considered an asset.
This is a 12-month contract and can be based out of any of our WWF-Canada offices.
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for this exciting opportunity, you may submit your application either through our online portal or direct mail. Please submit your application using one method only.
You can submit your cover letter and resume by clicking HERE
Attn: Human Resources Department
410 Adelaide St West
Toronto, ON M5V 1S8
If you are submitting an application via direct mail, please include your answers to the following questions:
1. Apart from its mission, what makes WWF-Canada an employer of choice for you?
2. Are you legally eligible to work in Canada?
3. If you were the successful candidate, which of our WWF-Canada offices would you be based in?
4. What are your salary expectations?
5. How flexible are your salary expectations?
6. Where did you see this posting?
Deadline to Apply
Please ensure that your application is received on or before September 6, 2019, 5pm EST.
Commitment to Diversity and Accessibility
WWF-Canada is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity in the workplace and encourage applications from all qualified candidates including women, members of visible minorities, persons with disabilities, and aboriginal peoples.
WWF-Canada is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources Representative in a timely fashion of any accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants for their interest in joining WWF-Canada. Given the volume of applications received, we request that you do not follow up your application with a phone call or email. We will contact only those candidates selected for interviews and thank you for your understanding.