Specialist, Social Media
The Specialist, Social Media is responsible for planning and executing WWF-Canada’s social-media strategy, maintaining content on wwf.ca, and supporting internal teams with their digital needs, including the creation of podcasts . This role will provide leadership and guidance on social-media best practices in order to leverage the power of social media to achieve WWF-Canada’s conservation and fundraising goals.
● Manage and optimize the organization’s social-media platforms to increase engagement and grow followers.
● Communicate in a distinctive brand voice exercising impeccable judgement for community standards.
● Manage the social media promotion budget.
● Leverage audience analytics.
● Grow the social media capacity of key WWF-Canada staff.
● Empower WWF-Canada staff and external influencers to advocate for WWF-Canada on social media.
● Regular reporting of social-media activities and campaigns. Identify goals and analyze progress to improve social-media efforts over time.
● Maintain the editorial calendar for WWF-Canada social-media postings.
● Maintain content for wwf.ca and other online properties. This includes quality assurance and debugging. Image sourcing/editing and copy management are also important responsibilities.
● Support internal teams with their content update requirements and being an evangelist for social media best practices.
● Support the development of and distribution of podcasts
What We Are Looking For
● Degree or diploma in communication, journalism, marketing or relevant work experience.
● At least 2 years operating social-media accounts with large followings for a major public brand.
● Current expertise in the evolving algorithms, analytics and best practices of social media platforms.
● Experience using social-media monitoring, publishing and reporting tools, such as Hootsuite, Google Analytics, etc.
● At least 2 years of experience managing web content.
● Good knowledge of HTML and CSS.
● Knowledge of Photoshop.
● Strong project coordination background with track record of managing multiple projects within given timelines and in a fast-paced, changing environment.
● Working knowledge of SEO, SEM and all current social media platforms.
● Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
● Passion for digital innovation.
● Digital agency and/or not for profit experience is a definite asset but not required.
● Bilingual in French an asset.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for this exciting opportunity, you may submit your application either through our online portal or direct mail. Please submit your application using one method only.
You can submit your cover letter and resume by clicking HERE
Attn: Human Resources Department
410 Adelaide St West
Toronto, ON M5V 1S8
If you are submitting an application via direct mail, please include your answers to the following questions:
1. Apart from its mission, what makes WWF-Canada an employer of choice for you?
2. Are you legally eligible to work in Canada?
3. What are your salary expectations?
4. How flexible are your salary expectations?
5. Where did you see this posting?
Deadline to Apply
Please ensure that your application is received on or before September 20, 2019, 5 p.m. EST.
Commitment to Diversity and Accessibility
WWF-Canada is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity in the workplace and encourage applications from all qualified candidates including women, members of visible minorities, persons with disabilities, and aboriginal peoples.
WWF-Canada is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources Representative in a timely fashion of any accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants for their interest in joining WWF-Canada. Given the volume of applications received, we request that you do not follow up your application with a phone call or email. We will contact only those candidates selected for interviews and thank you for your understanding.