Specialist, Philanthropy & Donor Engagement
Leverage the momentum of public interest and concern for the environment and climate change as the newest member of a growing and successful fundraising/sales team at one of the largest and best-known environmental organization in Canada.
The Specialist, Philanthropy & Donor Engagement will play a lead role in the Quebec market in the supply of major gift donations to WWF. The incumbent will be responsible to develop and execute fundraising strategies to build sources of sustainable major gift funding ($10,000+) primarily in Quebec with some focus on other French speaking regions of Canada.
This role has a unique opportunity to work with prominent Quebec-based board members, senior volunteers, key donors, and staff to engage major donors with WWF’s work through face to face meetings, conservation focused activities, and other events aimed to inspire people to defend our cause for nature and financially support our mission.
Reporting to the Director, Philanthropy & Donor Engagement, this position works collaboratively with others in the organization, particularly the Director, Quebec Region from our Montreal office, to assure that ample sales/fundraising activity and resultant funds are generated to enhance and support WWF-Canada’s mission and our Quebec region conservation priorities.
- Analyze the Quebec donor market to identify, build and manage a portfolio of 100 donors/sales prospects of individuals and foundations capable of making a gift of $10,000+.
- Construct and deliver sales/solicitation strategies that are consistent with helping the organization achieve its funding objectives.
- Conduct face-to-face fundraising visits on qualified individuals and foundations inspiring them to make a philanthropic gift.
- Construct and deliver strategies to retain donors.
- Plan and execute conservation focused activities and other events designed to build awareness and understanding of WWF’s work aimed to inspire and motivate individuals and family foundations to make philanthropic gifts.
- Work closely with Quebec based board members, senior volunteers, and WWF conservation staff and lead them in efforts to retain major donors and develop opportunities to secure new major gift funding.
- Collaborate and support the Quebec office team with the implementation of French communications and its visibility strategy.
What We Are Looking For
- Post-secondary education
- 3-5 years of sales/fundraising experience
- Proficient in written and spoken French and English
- 3 years of project management experience
- A good understanding of the Quebec fundraising marketplace
- Strong interpersonal skills and high emotional intelligence
- Highly responsive, with a strong customer service orientation
- Strong focus on accountability and donor-centricity
- Experience public speaking
- Experience and comfort in making “cold” calls
- Experience working effectively with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders
- Enjoys engaging with senior volunteers
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge or similar CRM fundraising/sales database system
- Passion for nature and an understanding of the science of environmental issues is a must
- Willingness and ability to travel when needed
- Evening and weekend work as needed
If you are interested in applying for this exciting opportunity, you may submit your application either through our online portal or direct mail. Please submit your application using one method only.
You can submit your cover letter and resume by clicking HERE.
Attn: Human Resources Department
410 Adelaide St West
Toronto, ON M5V 1S8
If you are submitting an application via direct mail, please include your answers to the following questions:
- Apart from its mission, what makes WWF-Canada an employer of choice for you?
- Are you legally eligible to work in Canada?
- What are your salary expectations?
- How flexible are your salary expectations?
- Where did you see this posting?
Deadline to ApplyPlease ensure that your application is received on or before February 14, 2020 5pm EST.
Commitment to Diversity and Accessibility
WWF-Canada is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity in the workplace and encourage applications from all qualified candidates including women, members of visible minorities, persons with disabilities, and aboriginal peoples.
WWF-Canada is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources Representative in a timely fashion of any accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants for their interest in joining WWF-Canada. Given the volume of applications received, we request that you do not follow up your application with a phone call or email. We will contact only those candidates selected for interviews and thank you for your understanding.