Community Events Coordinator Volunteer
Please note all positions have been filled for 2018. We are now collecting applications to be considered as a volunteer for 2019.
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity next year, please fill out an application form as per details below.
For more information about the event, please visit the Kids’ Run for Nature website.
Your Role & Responsibilities:
- Secure a location, date and time to host your run
- Engage the local community to champion local sponsors/partners, and to recruit volunteers and run participants
- Work with WWF-Canada to secure required permits for your location
- Manage the event budget using the reimbursement plan provided by WWF-Canada
- Collect all run collateral (t-shirts, ribbons, bibs, signage, etc.) and prepare race kits prior to the event
- Oversee all run day logistics: manage event flow, check-in, set-up/tear-down, show run, volunteers, etc.
Experience and SkillsThere is no formal training or experience required for this role, just bring your passion and enthusiasm!
Strong connections within your community, or ability to build and create connections is essential.
A background in event planning, fundraising, or running is an asset.
Be a part of WWF-Canada, and grow in your professional development, enhance your community engagement skills, and create networking opportunities