Volunteer Customer Service and Clerical Assistant - Toronto office
WWF-Canada is seeking a professional, detail-oriented and enthusiastic individual whose primary role is to support the Donor Relations and Services Department through Reception, Customer Service and Administrative duties. Through this position, candidates have the opportunity to learn more about conservation and the not-profit sector, as well as gain new skills in donor outreach and response procedures.
410 Adelaide Street West, Suite 400
Toronto, ON M5V 1S8
(Adelaide & Spadina)
1 day/week; 4 hours per shift
- WEDNESDAYS from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm
- THURSDAYS from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm
- THURSDAYS from 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- FRIDAYS from 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
A minimum committment of 9 months is required; 9-12 months preferred. Please note if you are currently a post-secondary student, and require the option to change your shift each semester pending your course schedule, we will do our best to accommodate your request.
- Provide coverage for recepion staff (breaks, meetings and vacations).
- Greet all visitors to WWF-Canada’s office in a friendly and courteous manner and handle their requests quickly and efficiently.
- Provide prompt, courteous, professional response to all inbound calls, while being helpful in quickly directing the caller to the correct staff member and/or department.
- Accept all inbound mail and couriers as necessary.
- Assist with outgoing mail processing.
Outbound Phone Calls (no sales / solicitation)*
- Assist Customer Service by making outbound calls to existing donors with donation related issues.
- Make outbound calls to donors for a variety of projects including but not limited to: surveys, welcome / thank you calls, follow-ups and account information updates.
- Administer out-bound tax receipts, acknowledgment letters, welcome kits and information packages to our donors. Quality control on outgoing donor mail, use of the folding / inserting machine, use of the mail postage machine.
- Stuffing envelopes and hand writing short responses.
- Occasionally assist with administration and special projects.
- Updating Excel spread-sheets, typing / formatting Word documents, letters, and filing.
- Data entry; with the possibility of being trained on Raiser’s Edge**
* Phone scripts for speaking to donors and leaving voice mail messages will be explained and provided along with technical training.
**Raiser’s Edge training may be provided to volunteers who have proven their commitment and shown skills and ability to assist us in this area
What We Are Looking For:
- Excellent phone manner, with articulate and professional disposition, with previous clerical / administrative experience in an office environment.
- Demonstrated ability to provide excellent customer service, with prior experience making out-bound telephone calls preferred. Previous experience in a customer service/clerical role required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English are essential.
- French language skills are an asset.
- Completion of secondary education required; post-secondary education preferred.
- Understands and carries out instructions accurately.
- Strong attention to detail with a regard for quality & professionalism.
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks accurately.
- Trustworthy and discreet; can be trusted with confidential information.
- Working knowledge of Windows based computer systems and MS Office software (Excel, Word).
- Fast & accurate typing, data entry & word processing skills. Previous database experience considered an asset.
- Volunteers must be friendly, positive, and enthusiastic about making a difference and passionate about the environment.
- Suits a friendly, outgoing, customer service orientated individual, who doesn’t mind doing repetitive tasks, and who can effectively communicate with a broad range of people including high-end donors.
- Motivated, proactive, and works well with minimum supervision
- Team player and problem solver
Make a difference and contribute to the cause of Conservation! Develop skills, and build experience in a leading environmental non-profit organization, network with like-minded peers and professionals. Acquire a deeper understanding of environmental issues in Canada, get an inside look at how a Conservation Organization is run, and get invited to special events and lectures.
Comprehensive training will be provided in the first month of volunteering. Ongoing training will be provided as new responsibilities arise.
Our office is business casual.
PLEASE NOTE: ALL office volunteers MUST be 18 years of age.
How To Apply
To apply for this essential volunteer position, please click HERE to submit your online application. While we appreciate all our applicants, only those selected will be contacted. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions: email@example.com.
This posting will remain open until all the positions are filled.
Commitment to Diversity and Accessibility:
WWF-Canada is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity in the workplace and encourage applications from all qualified candidates including women, members of visible minorities, persons with disabilities, and aboriginal peoples.
WWF-Canada is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to a volunteer opportunity, please advise the Volunteer Department’s Representative in a timely fashion of any accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
TELUS is proud to be the presenting sponsor of WWF’s volunteering program, championing passionate and hardworking conservation volunteers for the future.