Panda Mascot Recruitment & Training - Toronto
Panda Mascot - Greater Toronto Area
- Friendly with an easy-going, approachable disposition
- Athletic and flexible (must be able to: stand, walk, kneel, crouch, sit and move easily)
- Able to excite, motivate and entertain small and large groups
- Reliable, punctual and professional
- Be of good moral character
- Able to engage and respond to people of all ages and backgrounds
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and non-verbal)
- Able to perform indoors and outdoors; performing within a variety of weather conditions
- Comfortable working with and around people of all ages and backgrounds
- Able to travel in and around the Toronto area
- Previous mascot experience is considered an asset but not required.
- The Panda costume is completely enclosed and has a narrow field of vision. Those who suffer from claustrophobia and/or balance disorders are cautioned to consider their reactions to an enclosed environment before applying.
- Panda mascot volunteers MUST be 18 years of age.
How to Apply
to submit your application.
Please note: Spaces are limited to a maximum of 10 participants. Applications will be considered on a first-come, first-served basis with a preference given to those who have availability during regular office hours (9:00am - 5:00pm, Monday through Friday).
Given the volume of applications received, we request that you do not follow up your application with a phone call. We will contact only those candidates selected to participate in our Panda Mascot Recruitment and Training session.
WWF-Canada is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity in the workplace and encourage applications from all qualified candidates including women, members of visible minorities, persons with disabilities, and aboriginal peoples.
WWF-Canada is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to a volunteer opportunity, please advise the Volunteer Department’s Representative in a timely fashion of any accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
TELUS is proud to be the presenting sponsor of WWF’s volunteering program, championing passionate and hardworking conservation volunteers for the future.