Nature Connected Communities Event Ambassadors
Start Time/End Time
- Set up/tear down display materials at event; liaise with event organizers on-the-ground
- Engage general public/event attendees: explain programs, invite to join/sign up, answer general WWF-Canada questions; keep track of outstanding questions/issues and feed back to NCC team
- Ability to move sometimes heavy/awkward display equipment/materials
- Appropriate outdoor attire, as needed
Experience and Skills
- Excellent verbal skills and comfort level dealing with diverse people
- Enthusiastic and flexible
- Conservation/gardening knowledge a plus but not essential.
- Selected volunteers will be given a chance to gain the same in-depth knowledge that staff have about specific programs within WWF-Canada, engaging first hand with the conservation team to learn more, and spread this newly acquired knowledge at events.
- Build and enhance your communication and presentation skills.
- Spend your volunteer time surrounded by like-minded people who wish to see a world where humans and nature thrive.
How To ApplyTo apply for this opportunity, please fill out the online application form in it's completion HERE
For more information about this exciting volunteer position, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Given the volume of applications received, we request that you do not follow up your application with a phone call. We will contact only those candidates selected to participate in our Panda Mascot Recruitment and Training session.
WWF-Canada is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity in the workplace and encourage applications from all qualified candidates including women, members of visible minorities, persons with disabilities, and aboriginal peoples.
WWF-Canada is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to a volunteer opportunity, please advise the Volunteer Department’s Representative in a timely fashion of any accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
TELUS is proud to be the presenting sponsor of WWF’s volunteering program, championing passionate and hardworking conservation volunteers for the future.