Kids' Run for Nature - Community Event Coordinator
The Kids’ Run for Nature is a 1k, 3k and 5k fun run that gives kids the chance to get active in nature and raise funds for the conservation of the wildlife they care deeply about. The Kids’ Run for Nature is coming to parks and greenspaces across Canada, becoming a national movement driven by kids and their families who are taking action for nature.
For more information about the event, please visit the Kids’ Run for Nature website
Anywhere in Canada! You can host the event in your very own local community – let us know what your preference is! Volunteers will make a commitment to assist for 2 to 5 hours per week, mostly from home, or working in their own community.
On or around the 2nd Sunday of June.
Volunteers are anticipated to commence in this role in January and February.
Our Community Event Coordinators are at the center of the Kids’ Run for Nature – committed families and individuals who stand up and take on the task of hosting an event in their community, taking on much of the planning, logistics, and local engagement with the support of WWF-Canada.
Your Role & Responsibilities:
- Secure a location, date and time to host your run
- Engage the local community to champion local sponsors/partners, and to recruit volunteers and run participants
- Work with WWF-Canada to secure required permits for your location
- Manage the event budget using the reimbursement plan provided by WWF-Canada
- Collect all run collateral (t-shirts, ribbons, bibs, signage, etc.) and prepare race kits prior to the event
- Oversee all run day logistics: manage event flow, check-in, set-up/tear-down, show run, volunteers, etc.
Community Coordinators will receive a general orientation either in-person or via Skype (pending your location), be provided with a detailed manual and tool-kit with all relevant information, and will have the staff support of the WWF-Canada Kids’ Run for Nature Coordinator.
Experience and Skills
There is no formal training or experience required for this role, just bring your passion and enthusiasm!
Strong connections within your community, or ability to build and create connections is essential.
A background in event planning, fundraising, or running is an asset.
Be a part of WWF-Canada, and grow in your professional development, enhance your community engagement skills, and create networking opportunities
How To Apply
To apply for this opportunity, please fill out the online application form in it's completion here