Kids' Run for Nature Event Coordinator
Event DetailsThe Kids’ Run for Nature is a 1k, 3k and 5k fun run that gives kids the chance to get active in nature and raise funds for the conservation of the wildlife they care deeply about. The Kids’ Run for Nature is coming to parks and greenspaces across Canada, becoming a national movement driven by kids and their families who are taking action for nature.
For more information about the event, please visit the Kids’ Run for Nature website.
WhereAnywhere in Canada! You can host the event in your very own local community – let us know what your preference is! Volunteers will make a commitment to assist for 2 to 5 hours per week, mostly from home, or working in their own community.
Event DateOn or around Sunday June 1, 2020.
Start TimeVolunteers are anticipated to commence in this role between January and March.
End TimeBetween June and July (pending your event day).
Position DetailsOur Community Event Coordinators are at the center of the Kids’ Run for Nature – committed families and individuals who stand up and take on the task of hosting an event in their community, taking on much of the planning, logistics, and local engagement with the support of WWF-Canada.
Your Role & Responsibilities:
- Secure a location, date and time to host your run
- Engage the local community to champion local sponsors/partners, sign-up volunteers and run participants
- Organize event vendors and supplies (food and beverage, games, rentals, etc.)
- Oversee all run day logistics: manage event flow, check-in, set-up/tear-down, volunteers management, etc.
Community Coordinators will be provided with a detailed manual and tool-kit with all relevant information, and will have the staff support of the WWF-Canada Kids’ Run for Nature Coordinator. Additional in-person/online training will also be provided.
Experience and Skills
- There is no formal training or experience required for this role, just bring your passion and enthusiasm!
- Strong connections within your community, or ability to build and create connections is essential.
- A background in event planning, fundraising, or running is an asset.