Kids' Run for Nature - Event Day Volunteers
To apply for this opportunity, please fill out the online application form HERE
The Kids’ Run for Nature is a 1k, 3k and 5k fun run that gives kids the chance to get active in nature and raise funds for the conservation of the wildlife they care deeply about. The Kids’ Run for Nature is coming to parks and greenspaces across Canada, becoming a national movement driven by kids and their families who are taking action for nature.
For more information about the event, please visit the Kids’ Run for Nature website.
Event Locations, Dates and Times
These events are happening all across Canada, including Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, Newfoundland, Nova Scotia, Ontario, Quebec and Saskatchewan! Pick the location that is closest to you.
Position DetailsVolunteers will assist in one or more of the following areas:
1. Path Volunteer
- Set-up & tear-down of the walk/run route
- Maintain a clear and unobstructed route for runners
- Ensure all directional signage is in place & runners are the right path
- Engage with the walkers and runners, providing encouragement and cheering them on!
- Be the friendly first point of contact for event participants, answering questions, and pointing individuals in the right direction
- Set-up & tear-down of registration area
- Check-in participants
- Distribute run kits & t-shirts to participants
- Assist with registering new participants as required
- Oversee the snack/beverage table
- Set-up and tear-down of the snack table
- Interact with thirsty kids and adults with a welcoming smile
- Restock table as needed
- Ensure cold items stay inside coolers
- Guide kids to have fun in the kids' fun play area
- Set-up, tear-down, and general operation of the different activiteis
- Activities may incude face painting, colouring zone, game leaders, etc.
There is no formal training or experience required for this role, just bring your passion and enthusiasm! WWF-Canada will provide you with an introduction package, and introduce you to your Event Coordinator.